Sunday, August 9, 2015

Riomaggiore

For the first official day of class in Cinque Terre, we stuck around Riomaggiore and were instructed to create some art of the town and surrounding scenery. I had such a hard time choosing a subject, since there was just so much I could capture. Another challenge that I soon discovered was drawing sea water. The movement, the multiple greens, blues, and browns, and the shadows and highlights all made the sea extremely difficult to translate onto paper. Now looking back on the experience, I think I was overthinking the whole concept. I have always embraced the idea of 'draw what you see' and I think I forgot that as I struggled to create a subject that reflected (no pun intended) what I saw. With this additional day in Riomaggiore, I was able to further wander around the town, and take some photos of the colors and subjects that I found inspiring.














No comments:

Post a Comment